A photoblog of my life, with notes.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Portraits, Arsenic, and Tennis

An odd title, I know, but it's been a really long time since I put any pictures up and decided that I should return to the ancient and most honorable art of blogging. Without further adieu, le pictures:

Picture Goes Here

Mr. Stephen McVerry, stylishly posed in a autumn setting to... Yeah. It's his senior picture. I took it. He owes me a hi-five.

Picture Goes Here

Xiaoyu Chen, my Chinese teacher. He was dismissing his class for a break just as I walked by his classroom. We were working on portraiture, so it seemed the perfect opportunity to grab a picture. I eventually settled on a sepiatone because there wasn't enough contrast to allow for full desaturation. Since the image is slightly flat (we haven't had a good lighting day for about a month now), the sepiatone allows for a slightly rustic look, like something out of the 1800s.

Picture Goes Here

Just a cool picture of my lamp. I forgot that Aperture varied inversely with f-stop, and so, while taking this picture at f5.6 (which I thought was small aperture), I wondered why I had to put my shutter speed up so high (1/4000 second!). Silly me. I made the same mistake some days later, much to the amusement of my friends.

The next set of images are from the student production of "Arsenic and Old Lace," a play by J. Kesserling that was preformed recently here at Conserve School. I'll just let the pictures provide the commentary. I took over 400, and therefore these represent a small selection.

Picture Goes Here
Left to Right: Dick Fickling, Stephanie Spicer, Eliot Frost, Tucker Eibner
---

Picture Goes Here
LTR: Jasmine Zavala, Chris DeLong, Shay Gallagher
---
Picture Goes Here
Sam Eliot, my college counselor.
---

Picture Goes Here
Kegan Leizerman
---

In photography class (recently after the play) we had an assignment to take pictures of tennis balls in whatever creative way we could think up. Here was my entry:

Picture Goes Here

The background is penlights blinking over a long exposure picture, and the tennis balls are lit by a long-wave UV light that we borrowed from my Chemistry teacher.

Also:

Yay! I wrote 50000 words (plus about 100 just to make sure) in November, from the first to the 29th (I was done by the 30. Records include : Writing 7600 words on the last day, 560 words in 20 minutes. I had tons of fun, and my novel (rough draft alert) is avaliable to anyone who wants to read it.

Another update should come along shortly.

Thanks,

--Erty

1 comment:

Epsilon 775 said...

I love all the things you can do with a black background and an open shutter. great work with the UV lighting too!

Photoblogs I Follow

Copyright Erty Seidel, 2008
All rights reserved by the creator
Please do not copy without permission
Thanks!